AIR TASKING ORDER SYSTEM ATOS
FOR DECISION SUPERIORITY
Saab is the main supplier of C4I-systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to the South African Air Force, as well as a reliable supplier of integrated solutions to a large number of customers in non military applications. One of our key success factors is that we always adapt our systems to the customer. All of our projects are based on long-term relationships and mutual understanding between the customer and Saab.
The Air Tasking Order System (ATOS) is a semi-automated computerised system that provides services for the conduct of air operations before take-off, during flight and after landing. Deployed at all the operational units, it is utilised at all levels of C2 from planning to execution.
Access to the system is restricted by authorisation and authentication, secure logon and access control.
The ATOS serves as the main tool for the following activities:
- Efficient and correct allocation and deployment of potential forces.
- Assistance in the planning of operational missions.
- Tasking of operational units.
- Swift distribution of orders, messages and reports.
Planning and Tasking
The ATOS allows effective and accurate processing, distribution and acknowledgement of various types of orders, messages and reports. It is also used as a tasking tool. Resources available for future activities are managed by the system.
Ground Phase Control
Various input/display formats and alarms helps manage and control the different activities and events that take place during the ground phase of an air operation. Several types of operational messages can be used to direct the operational activities of the Air Force.
The basic and most important data types required for planning activities are:
- Requests for Allocations (RFA)
- Approved Allocations (ALLO) and Mission Orders (MO) which are to be executed in the future
- Current and expected availabilities
- Aircraft configurations
- Current and future deployment
The control of the ground phase activities is based on various displays, alarms and event queries, for instance:
- Update Display of Flight Messages (FM’s), Orders, Alerts and Air Movements. The scope of the displayed data depends on the specific user authorisation.
- Alarms to indicate lack of acknowledgement and late landing.
- Category query, calculation query and specific query.
- Tasking. The ATOS task operational units through Mission Orders and Air Movements.
- The processing of queries application supplies the means and methods to enable access to the information and its retrieval in various formats and cross-sections.
- The active display of dynamic data presents to specific users the current status of user defined cross-sections of dynamic FM-related data.
Different types of messages can be distributed through the system to direct the operational activities of the air force.
The system can interface with external systems such as the Air Picture Display System and the Intelligence for Operations system and Mission Planning systems.
All databases are highly structured and documented to a very high standard in order to facilitate the development of interfaces by other organisations.
The ATOS is fully customisable to meet specific operational requirements of end-users.
As a customer of Saab’s you benefit from a complete life commitment. It is our utmost ambition to support and facilitate your use of our products and services. That is why we are always willing to walk that extra mile to develop a strong and trustful relationship.
Being a customer of ours means that you can rely on Saab’s innovative and technologically advanced state-of-the-art products. But also, it means that you can rely on our dedication and willingness to provide our entire knowledge and know-how for improving your operations. That’s what we call a true commitment.
Working in close partnerships with our customers is the key success factor in all our activities within the area of advanced warhead technologies.
Since decades we have been a leading and trustworthy partner for development and manufacturing of the most advanced energetic solutions on the market.
Phone: +46 8 463 00 00 Copyright © 2014 Saab AB (publ) All Rights Reserved.