MIP PRODUCT SUITE – AN INTEROPERABILITY TOOLBOX
INTEROPERABILITY MADE EASY
One of the main components of the suite is an integration framework that enables organisations to implement MIP based interoperability without substantial change to the underlying system. The use of this toolkit substantially reduces the effort required to achieve MIP compliancy of legacy systems and provides a tailorable interface for interacting with MIP information.
The MIP Toolkit is used by software developers and provides the user with an abstraction layer that hides the detailed elements of the MIP standard covering the data model objects and a vast amount of business and implementation rules
A key capability regarding MIP is the ability to exchange data according to the MIP DEM (Data Exchange Mechanism) specification. This is fully supported by the SDEM which enables concurrent data exchange of different versions of the protocol. The SDEM is a platform independent data exchange mechanism that reliably and efficiently transfers data to/from other MIP compliant systems according to the MIP standard.
This component is based on the logical exchange model specified by the MIP standard: JC3IEDM for MIP Baseline 3 or C2IEDM for MIP Baseline 2. The logical model has been transferred to a physical database model which has been enhanced with performance optimisations that will ensure effective read and write access. The database is ready to install and run on a number of platforms.
MIP Consultancy Services:
One of the major challenges when having the requirement for MIP compliancy in a C2 system is to bridge the semantic gap between the relatively technical MIP standard incl. JC3IEDM and the usually less technical functional requirements.
One of the key capabilities of the MIP Product Suite is data exchange according to the MIP specification. The data exchange mechanism of the Product Suite – the SDEM – has the following technical capabilities:
- Is platform independent and is currently supported on both Windows and a number of Linux environments, 32 as well as 64 bit.
- Supports both MIP Baseline 2 and MIP Baseline 3 specifications concurrently.
Another feature of the MIP Product Suite is the MIP Toolkit that is an abstration interface to the JC3IEDM data model. It has the following capabilities:
- Automatic code generation for the C2 interface (supports both Java and .NET languages).
- Makes it possible to use the same client – thus the same C2 system, with different versions of the MIP model (JC3IEDM or C2IEDM) which facilitates migration between the MIP baselines by merely making configuration changes.
- Provides encapsulated and automatic handling of MIP business logic and prodedures like key generation, database operations (transactions, notifications, business rule validation) and mappings allowing the C2 developer to focus on the application side and just use MIP as a gateway.