For force protection
THE ADVANTAGE OF KNOWING IN ADVANCE
Covers the entire search volume every second
Provides engagement-quality Recognized Air Picture (RAP) target data
Combat-proven 24/7 capability with more than 150,000 h in full operation
Full mission ﬂexibility through unparalleled support services
High degree of interoperability and is designed for low and predictable cost of ownership
In combat situations, event protection operations or other tense situations, real-time information is critical for protecting forces against threats from the air. When every second counts GIRAFFE AMB provides the information and time needed for protecting both people and assets.
GIRAFFE AMB delivers key capabilities as part of short- and medium-range surveillance and Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD). It integrates powerful 3D surveillance radar and C3 functionality in one and the same system and provides forces with swift understanding of the air situation, enabling immediate and effective response to changing threats, new tactics, and shifting operational conditions.
The system monitors the air volume 360 degrees for air targets and simultaneously locates and warns against incoming rocket, artillery and mortar rounds, and at the same time able to provide coastal surveillance.
A world class line-up
All Saab radars combine battle-proven designs from the renowned ERIEYE (AEW),
ARTHUR and GIRAFFE AMB product families. Saab offers a full range of high-performing radar systems for a multitude of applications and mission types.
Multi-role and multi-mission
Integrated medium- and short-range GBAD systems are supported in multiple simultaneous engagements. The GIRAFFE AMB can classify and track fixed wing, helicopter, surface, jammer and ballistic targets.
The GIRAFFE AMB medium-range 3D radar surveillance system is an ideal gap filler that provides airspace commanders with the capabilities needed for maintaining continuous and accurate air situational awareness.
It is a mobile deployable or ﬁxed asset for air surveillance that can be operated remotely or locally with the ability to provide a networked air picture. GIRAFFE AMB allows for standard or customised data link integration.
By combining a true multi-mission radar system and powerful C3 system GIRAFFE AMB delivers an accurate air picture with high update rate and highly automated functions for planning, threat evaluation, weapon assignment and target distribution. Everything the commander responsible for GBAD needs for safeguarding people and assets. GIRAFFE AMB can detect fast missiles and small UAVs even in high-clutter environments and offers ﬂexible integration of weapon systems and tacticaldata links. The system is fully self-contained with all support systems and C3, highly mobile and deploys in less than 10 minutes.
- Provides simultaneous air surveillance, GBAD target acquisition and sense & warn capabilities without performance degradation
- Combat-proven over more than 150,000 h in full operation
- Is a mobile deployable or fixed asset for airsurveillance
- Can be delivered with surface surveillance add-ons
- Covers the entire search volume every second
- Superior small, slow and low target detection capability
- Accurate 3D data for all targets in the search volume
- All-weather performance with maintained range coverage
- Detection of very low- and high-altitude targets
- 360˚ detection and tracking of small ballistic objects (shells and rockets) even in severe ground clutter
- Prediction of impact location
- Automatic warning generated before impact in protected area
- Provides engagement-quality Recognized Air Picture (RAP) target data
- Integrated air picture with Link 11B and Link 16
- Automatic threat evaluation and weapon assignment
- Able to handle multiple defended assets and various types of firing units
- Can be delivered with military Air Traffic Control
- Deployment in less than 10 minutes and teardown in less than 5 minutes
- 12 m antenna height offers freedom of deployment.
- Operated remotely or locally
- Fully self-contained single vehicle configuration
- 20ft ISO container cabin, C-130 transportable
- Offers full mission ﬂexibility through unparalleled support services with low and predictable cost of ownership
ILS is an important part of the system delivery and will form the basis for future maintenance. Saab ILS experts have solid experience in tailoring ILS deliveries together with customers worldwide.
14 stacked beams
Elevation coverage: 70°
Scanning rate 60 rpm
||Stacked beam 3D radar
||3D phased array, digital beam forming
||> 70 degrees
||> 200 tracks
||> 100 tracks/min
||All climate zones; in-land, costal, desert and arctic
Look into the future
Saab has been active in defence and security for more than 75 years. Solutions for air, sea and land operations, civil security and commercial aeronautics make us a complete business partner. Working with Saab means you will benefit from the ultimate synthesis of experience, efficiency and excellence in engineering.
In radar technology we are at the very forefront and offer outstanding capabilities to demanding customers all over the world. In a way you could say that our mission in this field is to help your forces to virtually look into the future. To see before you are seen and to maintain superior situational awareness.
A line of ground-breaking innovations form a track record that proves our ability to sharpen the thinking edge. Making it sharp enough to cut through the barrier of the impossible, strengthening your ability to protect your troops and keep people safe.